Price: On Request
This short tour around Kathmandu (the capital of Nepal) is ideal for combining with tours to Bhutan and/or India. Kathmandu located at a height of 1,350 meters (4,423 feet) is situated in a beautiful valley surrounded by the mighty Himalayas. Founded in the 12th century during the reign of the Malla Kings, Kathmandu was originally known as Kantipur.
In the 60’s and 70s it became famous as a destination on the “hippie trail”. A culturally fascinating city, full of extraordinary heritage sites, temples and monuments, and colourful street life
Total Trip Duration: 3 nights/4 days
Type of Activity: Touring into heritage sites
Best Time of The Year: Throughout the year
Day by Day Itinerary
DAY 1 - INTERNATIONAL ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU (1336M)
Welcome at the airport with “mala” flower garlands and transfer to Hotel.
Overnight Hotel in Kathmandu
DAY 2 - PATAN FULL DAY SIGHTSEEING
- Early AM, Transfer to Bungamati and Khokana. Bungamati is a small Newari village still abiding its tradition as their significant part of life. Very less influenced by the modern city just a few kilometers far from the village, Bungamati exemplifies true beauty of the still living age old culture and civilization. Not far from the village of Bungamati, is another interesting Newari village called Khokana. Second half of the day, explore the medieval city of Patan, well known for its traditional Newari architecture, woodcarving and metal working among other arts. See metal-smiths, woodcarvers and carpet weavers at work.
- Evening transfer to Hotel in Hill Town of Nagarkot
DAY 3 - NAGARKOT- BHAKTAPUR, BOUDHA AND PASHUPATINATH
- After breakfast with sunrise views of the Himalayas from Nagarkot if weather is clear, transfer by private vehicle to explore world heritage site, the medieval town of Bhaktapur. Explore Potters Square, Durbar Square, Palaces and Temples. After lunch, transfer to Kathmandu to explore Buddhist Stupa Baudhanath, and Pashupatinath, a Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Traditional Nepalese Farewell Dinner and Overnight hotel in Kathmandu
DAY 4 - SWYAMBHU, KATHMANDU DURBAR SQUARE AND DEPART KATHMANDU
- After breakfast at the hotel, set out to explore Swayambunath, a Buddhist shrine sitting atop a hill overlooking Kathmandu. Transfer to Kathmandu Durbar Square, wander through the Square, the old part of the city and visit the Kumari house, Nepal’s Living Goddess.
- Check out of the hotel and get transferred to the bus station for your onward journey to Kakarvitta. Farewell with “katas” traditional Silk Scarves.